Let’s start with the basic:
- Wake up smiling
- Do some sport (morning + evening if possible)
- Don’t leave your office with a big list of tasks
- Be “inbox 0” two times a week, at least
First of all, if you using something else than Gmail, just stop it. Most extensions and tools in this article are working for gmail, and gmail is the standard.
Time is the most important part to organise. You cannot buy your time back, don’t lose it. First trick to have a better vision about the time: keep a physical clock in front of you, you are going to have a better visualization of the time.
Spending more than 5 emails to have a meeting is really time consuming, you cannot aford it. Here are 2 of my solutions:
- Vyte.in is a fabulous tool to book a meeting: you send your calendar with a shortcut to someone, he will define some time slots, and you just have to confirm to book the meeting. Good point is that you have a pro version, and you can customize the look and feel to show your brand, on the other side, it’s really impersonal, you cannot use it with the CEO of a big company.
- Julie Desk is another very efficient solution, but also expensive (200 EUR/month). Julie is a virtual assistant. When you want to book a meeting, you put Julie in CC, and Julie is going to take care of everything.
But please, stop using your mail and you calendar on 2 screens to propose a meeting, it’s useless.
Procrastination (from Latin’s “procrastinare”, that translates in to: the prefix pro-, ‘forward’, and the suffix -crastinus, ‘till next day’ from cras, ‘tomorrow’) is the avoidance of doing a task that needs to be accomplished. Sometimes, procrastination takes place until the “last minute” before a deadline. Procrastination can take hold on any aspect of life—putting off cleaning the stove, repairing a leaky roof, seeing a doctor or dentist, submitting a job report or academic assignment or broaching a stressful issue with a partner. Procrastination can lead to feelings of guilt, inadequacy, depression, and self-doubt.
You cannot afford to lose your time, so I will give you 1 tool to increase your productivity:
- Freedom is putting you offline on all your devices, you click, define a slot, and it’s done.
When we are able to manage our time, we can start to manage our contacts.
We have two type of profiling:
For a company, you can use datanyze, it will find all information:
- Technology stack
- Social Links
- People working in this company
For an individual, you can use Linkedin Sales Navigator (ex-Rapportive), it will give you a lot of information about people.
Often, we go on a website, copy a sentence and paste it on Google Images, Amazon, etc… It’s finished: you need yo use Sales Search
For Contact management, first tool to install is Ever Contact, it will analyze the signature and add it inside your google contact.
(add fullcontact and conspire 17:00)
Pocket is a fabulous tool to manage the content that you are browsing: you reduce the distraction during the day, put some tags on your content and read it later.